Tools for You
Tools for You
Telling your story
People are the story at UNCSA. Share what you are doing with the campus and beyond.
We offer several resources for you to tell your story.
- Writing for the web - Is the web the best place for your message? How to write something people will read.
- Style Guide - Your quick reference for writing rules, troublesome words, capitalization.
- Social Media Guidelines - Best practices and tips managing UNCSA-related social media accounts.
- News & Promotion Guidelines - Guidance on working with the media. Using recruitment and institutional promotion materials.
- Headshot Guidelines - Images help a story. We offer complimentary headshots to faculty, but departments can hire a photographer, too. Here is what to wear, the cost and how to schedule a headshot.
Where to share your story
- Feature content - we curate web stories, audio stories, video content and photography to share the stories of the UNCSA community. You can submit UNCSA content ideas using our web form.
- UNCSA Campus announcements - internal announcements for faculty, staff and students. Submit an announcement to be reviewed and published on the appropriate announcement page and included in the weekly newsletters.
- Faculty profile - Faculty can use this form to tell prospective students about themselves, their teaching style and their credentials.
- Press releases - Email Director of Media Relations and Communications Katherine Johnson to get help with getting your story out to the media.