Weapons Regulation 705
|Regulation 705||Approved: February 17, 2011|
|UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA SCHOOL OF THE ARTS
Weapons Regulation 705
|Source of Authority:||N.C.G.S. § 14-269.2;
N.C.G.S. § 116-34(a);
UNC Code § 502(A)
|History:||First Issued: February 17, 2011|
|Related Policies & Regulations:||Weapons on Campus or Other Educational Property, N.C.G.S. § 14-269.2;
Code of Conduct & Discipline Regulation 802;
Threat Assessment Regulation 704;
Workplace Violence Regulation 706
|Responsible Offices:||Department of Police & Public Safety|
|Effective Date:||February 17, 2011|
It is the regulation of the State of North Carolina and the University of North Carolina School of the Arts to maintain a safe and secure campus for all students, faculty, staff, and guests of the University.
This regulation applies to all persons on any property owned, used, or operated by UNCSA or at any UNCSA sponsored event.
A. Any item prohibited by N.C.G.S. § 14-269.2 and its subsequent revisions is also prohibited by this regulation .
B. Possessing (whether openly or concealed) any the following is prohibited on any property owned, used, or operated by UNCSA or at any UNCSA sponsored event:
1. any gun, rifle, pistol, or other firearm of any kind;
2. dynamite cartridge, bomb, grenade, mine, or powerful explosive;
3. BB gun, stun gun, air rifle, or air pistol;
4. bowie knife, dirk, dagger, or switchblade knife;
6. leaded cane, blackjack, or metallic knuckles,
7. razors and razor blades (except solely for personal shaving),
9. any sharp pointed or edged instrument; OR
10. any other similar item where possession is prohibited by state or federal law.
1. instructional supplies;
2. razors and razor blades solely for personal shaving;
3. unaltered nail files and clips;
4. tools used solely for the preparation of food, instruction, or maintenance;
5. A weapon used solely for educational or school sanctioned ceremonial purposes, or used in a school approved program or production conducted under the supervision of an approved UNCSA faculty or staff member, or student explicitly authorized by the School of Design and Production’s stage weapons use and storage policies.
D. A concealed handgun permit does not allow a person to carry a weapon on any UNCSA property.
E. Each arts school must establish storage regulations and procedures for cutting instruments used for education purposes within that school.
F. Students who use cutting instruments in connection with an arts school’s program must adhere to that arts school’s storage procedures.
G. Any person violating this policy may be subject to both criminal prosecution and University disciplinary action.
V. Revision History
A. February 17, 2011 – Adopted by Board of Trustees as part of UNCSA Policy Manual