Graduate Design & Production Admissions
The UNCSA School of Design & Productions offers Master of Fine Arts (MFA) degrees in several concentrations. Along with your online application and required documents, you will submit a portfolio of your work and interview with Design & Production faculty. Admission to the School of Design & Production is based on a combination of your artistic and academic merits.
Deadlines & Interview Dates
Note: The application for the 2018-19 school year is now closed with some exceptions. Please contact the Office of Admissions for more information if you still wish to apply. The application for the 2019-20 school year will open September 1, 2018.
Choice of interview dates depends on when you complete your online application and submit your required application documents. More choices of audition dates will be available to you the earlier you apply.
Applicants to all graduate Design & Production programs should have completed an undergraduate degree or be scheduled for completion of a degree prior to the upcoming Fall semester.
Test Scores (International Applicants)
International Applicants: TOEFL or IELTS Scores
International applicants are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores, with minimum scores of:
- TOEFL: 79 internet-based, 550 paper based, 213 computer based
- IELTS: 6.5
Completed Application, Fees & Required Documents
1. Complete the online application.
2. Pay your Application Fee: $95 for U.S. citizens and permanent residents, $130 for international applicants or non-resident aliens. Application fees are non-refundable.
- Online: Follow payment instructions at the end of the application.
- Check or Money Order (through a U.S. bank): Make payable to "UNCSA" and include your full legal name. Mail your payment and fully legible name of the applicant to the Office of Admissions.
- International Applicants: Use Flywire to pay your application fee online through an international bank or pay by check or money order through a U.S. bank as listed above.
3. Applicants are encouraged to submit all Required Application Documents prior to your scheduled interview date.
Please note: If you are applying to two different UNCSA art schools (Music, Filmmaking and Design & Production) you will need to complete a second application and pay a second application fee.