Graduate Design & Production Admissions
UNCSA offers Masters of Fine Arts (M.F.A.) degrees in the School of Design & Production (D&P) in several concentrations. You will complete an online application and upload the required documents. A digital portfolio will be uploaded as part of the application. You must meet the minimum educational requirements.
An interview is required for admission. Interviews for the 2022-23 academic year will be conducted live, virtually. If invited to interview, you will discuss the portfolio of your work with D&P faculty. Admission is based on a combination of your artistic and academic merits.
Deadlines & Interview Dates
If interested in applying for the 2022-23 school year, please contact UNCSA Design & Production Admissions Counselor Monique Nottke to request an application.
Representatives from Design & Production are available at industry events to meet with interested candidates. Scheduling an off-campus meeting provides the opportunity to learn more about the school or get feedback on your portfolio. Candidates with complete applications may contact Admissions to inquire if an official interview could be scheduled at one of the locations listed below. UNCSA attendance is dependent upon an organization's ability to hold an in-person event. Applicants who schedule a meeting or an interview at an off-campus site are advised to closely monitor that event’s page for possible updates.
Applicants to all graduate Design & Production programs should have completed an undergraduate degree or be scheduled for completion of a degree prior to the upcoming Fall semester.
Test Scores (International Applicants)
International applicants are required to submit TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo scores. Minimum score requirements are:
- TOEFL: 79 internet-based, 550 paper based, or 213 computer based
- IELTS: 6.5
- Duolingo: 100
Completed Application, Fees & Required Documents
1. Complete the online application.
2. Pay your Application Fee: $95 for U.S. citizens and permanent residents, $130 for international applicants or non-resident aliens. Application fees are non-refundable.
- Online: Follow payment instructions at the end of the application or on your Admissions Portal.
- Check or Money Order (through a U.S. bank): Make payable to "UNCSA" and include your full legal name. Mail your payment and fully legible name of the applicant to the Office of Admissions.
- International Applicants: Use Flywire to pay your application fee online through an international bank or pay by check or money order through a U.S. bank as listed above.
3. Upload all Required Application Documents prior to your listed application deadline.
Please note: If you are applying to two different UNCSA art schools (Design & Production, Filmmaking and Music) you will need to complete a second application and pay a second application fee.