Graduate Design & Production Admissions
The UNCSA School of Design & Production (D&P) offers Masters of Fine Arts (M.F.A.) degrees in several concentrations. Applicants must meet the minimum educational requirements.
An interview with a program's faculty is required for admission. Interviews are scheduled after an application is complete. Applicants should arrive prepared to discuss their portfolio. Admission is based on a combination of artistic and academic merits.
In order for an application to be reviewed for admissions, all required materials must be submitted and the application fee must be paid by one of the following deadlines:
- Wednesday, November 2, 2022 (11:59 p.m. EST)
- Wednesday, January 18, 2023 (11:59 p.m. EST)
|Interview Date||Interview Type|
|Friday, October 28, 2022 *||Virtual (over Zoom)|
|Friday, November 4, 2022||In-person, on the UNCSA campus|
|Monday, November 7, 2022||Virtual (over Zoom)|
|Friday, December 2, 2022||In-person, on the UNCSA campus|
|Wednesday, January 25, 2023**||Virtual (over Zoom)|
|Wednesday, February 1, 2023**||In-person, on the UNCSA campus|
|Wednesday, February 8, 2023**||Virtual (over Zoom)|
|Wednesday, February 15, 2023**||In-person, on the UNCSA campus|
* Applicants who submit an application and upload all required materials by Wednesday, October 12, 2022, are eligible to interview on this date.
** Note: updated date as of 10/31/2022
Representatives from Design & Production are available at industry events to meet with interested candidates. Scheduling an off-campus meeting provides the opportunity to learn more about the school or get feedback on your portfolio. Candidates with complete applications may contact Admissions to inquire if an official interview could be scheduled at one of the locations listed below. UNCSA attendance is dependent upon an organization's ability to hold an in-person event. Applicants who schedule a meeting or an interview at an off-campus site are advised to closely monitor that event’s page for possible updates.
Applicants to all graduate Design & Production programs should have completed an undergraduate degree or be scheduled for completion of a degree prior to the upcoming Fall semester.
Test Scores (International Applicants)
International applicants are required to submit TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo scores. Minimum score requirements are:
- TOEFL iBT or TOEFL iBT Home Edition: 79
- IELTS Academic: 6.5
- Duolingo English Test: 100
Completed Application, Fees & Required Documents
1. Complete the online application.
2. Pay your Application Fee: $95 for U.S. citizens and permanent residents, $130 for international applicants or non-resident aliens. Application fees are non-refundable.
- Online: Follow payment instructions at the end of the application or on your Admissions Portal.
- Check or Money Order (through a U.S. bank): Make payable to "UNCSA" and include your full legal name. Mail your payment and fully legible name of the applicant to the Office of Admissions.
- International Applicants: Use Flywire to pay your application fee online through an international bank or pay by check or money order through a U.S. bank as listed above.
3. Upload all Required Application Documents prior to your listed application deadline.
Please note: If applying to two different UNCSA art schools (Design & Production, Filmmaking and Music), a second completed application and application fee are required.