Graduate Design & Production Admissions
UNCSA offers Masters of Fine Arts (M.F.A.) degrees in the School of Design & Production
(D&P) in several concentrations. You will complete an online application and upload the required documents. A digital portfolio will be uploaded as part of the application. You must meet the minimum test and educational requirements. An interview is required for admission. Interviews for the
2021-22 academic year have moved online and will be conducted live, virtually. If
invited to interview, you will discuss the portfolio of your work with D&P faculty.
Admission is based on a combination of your artistic and academic merits.
*For scholarship consideration, applicants are strongly encouraged to interview before February 1, 2021. This requires submitting a completed application and the required materials in time to meet either the November or January deadline.
Deadlines & Interview Dates
In order to be reviewed for admission - the application, fee and all required documents must be submitted by one of the designated deadlines.
Interview Dates (online only)
|November 2, 2020 (11:59 pm)||
Friday, November 6, 2020
January 18, 2021 (11:59 pm)
Friday, January 22, 2021
March 1, 2021 (11:59 pm)
Monday, March 1, 2021
D&P also conducts in-person interviews at industry conferences. D&P's attendance is dependent upon an organization's ability to hold their conference this year. It is advised that applicants monitor the hosting organization's website for possible changes from an in-person event to a virtual event. Candidates are required to share their portfolio at either their in-person or virtual interview.
|SETC||March 4-7, 2021 Memphis, TN|
|USITT||March 11-13, 2021 Columbus, OH|
Applicants to all graduate Design & Production programs should have completed an undergraduate degree or be scheduled for completion of a degree prior to the upcoming Fall semester.
Test Scores (International Applicants)
International Applicants: TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo scores
International applicants are required to submit TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo scores, with minimum scores of:
- TOEFL: 79 internet-based, 550 paper based, 213 computer based
- IELTS: 6.5
- Duolingo: 100
Completed Application, Fees & Required Documents
1. Complete the online application.
2. Pay your Application Fee: $95 for U.S. citizens and permanent residents, $130 for international applicants or non-resident aliens. Application fees are non-refundable.
- Online: Follow payment instructions at the end of the application or on your application status portal.
- Check or Money Order (through a U.S. bank): Make payable to "UNCSA" and include your full legal name. Mail your payment and fully legible name of the applicant to the Office of Admissions.
- International Applicants: Use Flywire to pay your application fee online through an international bank or pay by check or money order through a U.S. bank as listed above.
3. Upload all Required Application Documents by your application materials deadline above prior to your scheduled interview date.
Please note: If you are applying to two different UNCSA art schools (Music, Filmmaking and Design & Production) you will need to complete a second application and pay a second application fee.