Graduate Design & Production Admissions
UNCSA offers Masters of Fine Arts (MFA) degrees in the School of Design & Production (D&P) in several concentrations. You will complete an online application and upload required documents. A digital portfolio will be uploaded as part of the application. You must meet the minimum test and educational requirements. An interview is required for admission - should you be invited to interview, you will bring a physical portfolio of your work to an in-person interview with D&P faculty on the UNCSA campus. Admission is based on a combination of your artistic and academic merits.
Deadlines & Interview Dates
|Application, fee and all required documents submitted by:||
Available On Campus Interview Dates
|November 8, 2019||Friday, November 15, 2019
Friday, December 13, 2019
January 17, 2020
Friday, January 24, 2020
March 2, 2020
Applications may be submitted after the deadline upon approval. Please contact the Design & Production Admissions Counselor:
Friday, March 6, 2020
Although on-campus interviews are strongly recommended, Design & Production Faculty also conduct off-campus interviews in NYC and LA. An off-campus interview could determine an offer of enrollment or could result in a request to visit campus in order to meet with additional Faculty. Candidates will have the option to schedule either an on- or off-campus interview after their application has been reviewed.
|Off-Campus Interview Location||
Interview Dates Available
|November 9 & 10 (Saturday & Sunday)|
New York, NY
|January 18 & 19, 2020 (Saturday & Sunday)|
Los Angeles, CA
|February 7 & 8, 2020 (Friday & Saturday)|
|February 27 – 29, 2020 (Thursday – Saturday)|
|April 2 – 4, 2020 (Thursday – Saturday)|
Video/Phone interviews are available for applicants with significant financial difficulties or international applicants. Please contact your admissions counselor after completing your application to discuss options.
Applicants to all graduate Design & Production programs should have completed an undergraduate degree or be scheduled for completion of a degree prior to the upcoming Fall semester.
Test Scores (International Applicants)
International Applicants: TOEFL or IELTS Scores
International applicants are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores, with minimum scores of:
- TOEFL: 79 internet-based, 550 paper based, 213 computer based
- IELTS: 6.5
Completed Application, Fees & Required Documents
1. Complete the online application.
2. Pay your Application Fee: $95 for U.S. citizens and permanent residents, $130 for international applicants or non-resident aliens. Application fees are non-refundable.
- Online: Follow payment instructions at the end of the application or on your application status portal.
- Check or Money Order (through a U.S. bank): Make payable to "UNCSA" and include your full legal name. Mail your payment and fully legible name of the applicant to the Office of Admissions.
- International Applicants: Use Flywire to pay your application fee online through an international bank or pay by check or money order through a U.S. bank as listed above.
3. Upload all Required Application Documents by your application materials deadline above prior to your scheduled interview date.
Please note: If you are applying to two different UNCSA art schools (Music, Filmmaking and Design & Production) you will need to complete a second application and pay a second application fee.