High School Visual Arts Admissions
The School of Design & Production offers a two-year Visual Arts program for high school students in grades 11 and 12. Along with your online application, required documents and portfolio, you will interview with the Visual Arts faculty. Admission to the Visual Arts program is based on a combination of your artistic and academic merits.
Deadlines & Interview Dates
|Application Completed By||Available Interview Dates|
|Jan. 19, 2018||
Friday, Feb. 2, 2018 - All Interview Slots Full
|Feb. 15, 2018||
Friday, March 16, 2018
The choice of interview dates depends on when you complete your online application and submit your required application documents. Interviews will be held on the UNCSA campus.
GPA & Academic Requirements
Applicants should have a minimum GPA of 2.3 (C+), no more than one failing grade in the previous year's work and no more than two failing grades in their overall coursework.
Completed Application, Fees & Required Documents
1. Complete the CFNC online application.
2. Pay your Application Fee: $95 for U.S. citizens and permanent residents, $130 for international applicants. Application fees are non-refundable.
- Online: Follow payment instructions on the CFNC online application.
- Check or Money Order (through a U.S. bank): Make payable to "UNCSA" and include your full legal name. Mail your payment and signed Application Agreement Statement—downloaded at the completion of the online application—to the Office of Admissions.
- International Applicants: Use Flywire to pay your application fee online through an international bank or pay by check or money order through a U.S. bank as listed above.
3. Upload all Required Application Documents at least two weeks prior to your scheduled audition or interview.
Please note: If you are applying to two different UNCSA art schools (Music, Drama, Design & Production/Visual Arts and Dance) you will need to complete a second application and pay a second application fee.