High School Visual Arts Admissions
The School of Design & Production offers a one or two year high school Visual Arts program for incoming 11th or incoming 12th graders. Students in both 10th and 11th grade are eligible to apply.
You must meet the minimum educational requirements. An interview is required for admission. Interviews are conducted live virtually over Zoom, with the requirement to share a portfolio of your work in a group critique with other applying students. Admission is based on a combination of your artistic and academic merits.
The deadline to apply to the Visual Arts program for the 2022-23 school year has passed.
Virtual Interview dates
|Deadline to upload materials/portfolio|
February 11, 2022
February 7, 2022
Your interview day will start at noon and last until 5 pm. Parents may attend the first half of the interview day. You will be discussing your portfolio during the event. All artwork and required materials must be uploaded into your Admissions Portal in advance of your interview (see table above for deadlines). Please review the portfolio requirements.
GPA & Academic Requirements
Completed Application, Fees & Required Documents
1. Complete the online application.
2. Pay your Application Fee: $95 for U.S. citizens and permanent residents, $130 for international applicants. Application fees are non-refundable.
- Online: Follow payment instructions at the end of the application or on your Admissions Portal.
- Check or Money Order (through a U.S. bank): Make payable to "UNCSA" and include your full legal name. Mail your payment and fully legible name of the applicant to the Office of Admissions.
- International Applicants: Use Flywire to pay your application fee online through an international bank or pay by check or money order through a U.S. bank as listed above.
3. Upload all Required Application Documents prior to your listed application deadline.
Please note: If you are applying to two different UNCSA art schools (Dance, Drama, Music and Visual Arts) you will need to complete a second application and pay a second application fee.