High School Visual Arts Admissions
The School of Design & Production offers a one or two year high school Visual Arts program for incoming 11th or incoming 12th graders. Students in both 10th and 11th grade are eligible to apply.
A digital portfolio will be uploaded as part of the application. You must meet the minimum educational requirements. An interview is required for admission - should you be invited to interview, you will bring a physical portfolio of your work to an in-person interview with D&P faculty on the UNCSA campus and partake in a group critique lasting the entire afternoon. Admission is based on a combination of your artistic and academic merits.
Deadlines & Interview Dates
The application for Fall 2020 will open September 2019. UNCSA does not have Spring enrollment.
GPA & Academic Requirements
Applicants should have a minimum unweighted GPA of 2.3 (C+), no more than one failing grade in the previous year's work and no more than two failing grades in their overall coursework.
Completed Application, Fees & Required Documents
1. Complete the online application.
2. Pay your Application Fee: $95 for U.S. citizens and permanent residents, $130 for international applicants. Application fees are non-refundable.
- Online: Follow payment instructions at the end of the application or on your application status portal.
- Check or Money Order (through a U.S. bank): Make payable to "UNCSA" and include your full legal name. Mail your payment and fully legible name of the applicant to the Office of Admissions.
- International Applicants: Use Flywire to pay your application fee online through an international bank or pay by check or money order through a U.S. bank as listed above.
3. Upload all Required Application Documents by your application materials deadline above prior to your scheduled interview date.
Please note: If you are applying to two different UNCSA art schools (Music, Drama, Design & Production/Visual Arts and Dance) you will need to complete a second application and pay a second application fee.