High School Visual Arts Admissions
The School of Design & Production offers a one or two year high school Visual Arts program for incoming 11th or incoming 12th graders. Students in both 10th and 11th grade are eligible to apply.
You must meet the minimum educational requirements. An interview is required for admission - should you be invited to interview, you will bring a physical portfolio of your work to an in-person interview with D&P faculty on the UNCSA campus and partake in a group critique lasting the entire afternoon. Admission is based on a combination of your artistic and academic merits.
Deadlines & Interview Dates
In order to be reviewed for admission - the application, fee and all required documents must be submitted by:
|Deadline: November 2, 2020 (11:59 pm)
Deadline: January 18, 2021 (11:59 pm)
|Available On-Campus Interview Dates:
Friday, February 5, 2021
Friday, February 12, 2021
Friday, February 19, 2021
Friday, February 26, 2021
Your interview day will start at noon and last until 5 pm. Parents may attend the first half of the interview day. You will be bringing your portfolio with you to your interview. Please review the portfolio requirements.
GPA & Academic Requirements
Completed Application, Fees & Required Documents
1. Complete the online application.
2. Pay your Application Fee: $95 for U.S. citizens and permanent residents, $130 for international applicants. Application fees are non-refundable.
- Online: Follow payment instructions at the end of the application or on your application status portal.
- Check or Money Order (through a U.S. bank): Make payable to "UNCSA" and include your full legal name. Mail your payment and fully legible name of the applicant to the Office of Admissions.
- International Applicants: Use Flywire to pay your application fee online through an international bank or pay by check or money order through a U.S. bank as listed above.
3. Upload all Required Application Documents by your application materials deadline above prior to your scheduled interview date.
Please note: If you are applying to two different UNCSA art schools (Music, Drama, Design & Production/Visual Arts and Dance) you will need to complete a second application and pay a second application fee.