High School Visual Arts Admissions
The School of Design & Production offers a one or two year high school Visual Arts program for incoming 11th or incoming 12th graders. Students in both 10th and 11th grade are eligible to apply.
Interviews for the 2023-24 academic year will be held in person on the UNCSA campus. Applicants bring a portfolio of original work to their interview. In addition to an interview with faculty, applicants share and discuss their portfolio in a group critique with fellow applicants. Admission is based on a combination of artistic and academic merits.
Applicants schedule an interview with faculty if a completed application, current transcript, and the application fee are submitted in time for the application deadline.
January 18, 2023 (11:59 p.m. EST)
Friday, February 3, 2023
Interview days begin at 12 p.m. (noon) with an informational session for applicants and guardians. When the session ends, guardians will be excused so that interviews and portfolio group critiques may begin. All required materials and the portfolio must be uploaded in advance of the interview. Please review the portfolio requirements. Interview days conclude at 5 p.m.
GPA & Academic Requirements
Completed Application, Fees & Required Documents
1. Complete the online application.
2. Pay the Application Fee: $95 for U.S. citizens and permanent residents, $130 for international applicants. Application fees are non-refundable.
- Online: Follow payment instructions at the end of the application or on your Admissions Portal.
- Check or Money Order (through a U.S. bank): Make payable to "UNCSA" and include your full legal name. Mail your payment and fully legible name of the applicant to the Office of Admissions.
- International Applicants: Use Flywire to pay your application fee online through an international bank or pay by check or money order through a U.S. bank as listed above.
3. Upload all Required Application Documents prior to your listed application deadline.
Please note: If applying to two different UNCSA art schools (Dance, Drama, Music, or Visual Arts), a second application and application fee is required.