High School Drama Admissions
The UNCSA School of Drama High School program is a one-year intensive course of study for 12th graders only. In addition to your online application and required documents, you will audition in person with the Drama faculty. Acceptance is limited to rising high school seniors who demonstrate artistic potential, academic readiness and social maturity.
The high school program is designed for North Carolina residents and a limited number of nonresident students. Admission decisions are based on a combination of your artistic and academic merits.
Deadlines & Audition Dates
Applications Submitted & Fee Received By:
Available Audition Dates (by invitation only)
January 3, 2020
New York City
March 2, 2020Applications may be submitted after the deadline upon approval. Please contact the Drama Admissions Counselor:
The admissions application opens on August 30, 2019. All auditions are limited occupancy and will fill up quickly. Audition dates are available for registration based on submitting your application and application fee. Audition registration will be first come, first served. Once a date is full occupancy, you will need to choose from the other available dates.
GPA & Academic Requirements
Applicants should have a minimum GPA of 2.3 (C+), no more than one failing grade in the previous year's work and no more than two failing grades in their overall coursework.
Completed Application, Fees & Required Documents
1. Complete the online application.
2. Pay your Application Fee: $95 for U.S. citizens and permanent residents, $130 for international applicants. Application fees are non-refundable.
- Online: Follow payment instructions at the end of the application.
- Check or Money Order (through a U.S. bank): Make payable to "UNCSA" and include your full legal name. Mail your payment and fully legible name of the applicant to the Office of Admissions.
- International Applicants: Use Flywire to pay your application fee online through an international bank or pay by check or money order through a U.S. bank as listed above.
3. Upload all Required Application Documents by your application materials deadline above prior to your scheduled audition.
Please note: If you are applying to two different UNCSA art schools (Music, Drama, Design & Production/Visual Arts and Dance) you will need to complete a second application and pay a second application fee.