High School Drama Admissions
The UNCSA School of Drama High School program is a one-year intensive course of study for 12th graders only. In addition to your online application and required documents, you will audition in person with the Drama faculty. Acceptance is limited to rising high school seniors who demonstrate artistic potential, academic readiness and social maturity.
The high school program is designed for North Carolina residents and a limited number of nonresident students. Admission decisions are based on a combination of your artistic and academic merits.
Deadlines & Audition Dates
|Application Completed By||Available Audition Dates|
|January 8, 2018||
|January 15, 2018||
|March 16, 2018||UNCSA Campus
April 7, 2018
|March 23, 2018||UNCSA Campus
April 14, 2018
|March 30, 2018||UNCSA Campus
April 21, 2018
The School of Drama Admissions Counselor will assign your audition based on the date that you requested on the online application and will email you to confirm the date, time, location and other details.
Choice of audition dates depends on when you complete your online application and submit your required application documents. More choices of audition dates will be available to you the earlier you apply. Audition availability after the posted deadlines have passed is not guaranteed.
GPA & Academic Requirements
Applicants should have a minimum GPA of 2.3 (C+), no more than one failing grade in the previous year's work and no more than two failing grades in their overall coursework.
Completed Application, Fees & Required Documents
1. Complete the CFNC online application.
2. Pay your Application Fee: $95 for U.S. citizens and permanent residents, $130 for international applicants. Application fees are non-refundable.
- Online: Follow payment instructions on the CFNC online application.
- Check or Money Order (through a U.S. bank): Make payable to "UNCSA" and include your full legal name. Mail your payment and signed Application Agreement Statement—downloaded at the completion of the online application—to the Office of Admissions.
- International Applicants: Use Flywire to pay your application fee online through an international bank or pay by check or money order through a U.S. bank as listed above.
3. Upload all Required Application Documents prior to your scheduled audition or interview.
Please note: If you are applying to two different UNCSA art schools (Music, Drama, Design & Production/Visual Arts and Dance) you will need to complete a second application and pay a second application fee.