Graduate Music Admissions
UNCSA offers Master of Music (M.M.) graduate degrees and Professional Artist Certificates (PAC) with several instruments of study in the School of Music. Along with your online application and required application documents, you will audition with the music faculty. Admission to the UNCSA School of Music program is based on a combination of your artistic and academic merits.
Graduate voice applicants should review the Fletcher Opera Audition Process for complete application procedures.
Deadlines & Audition Dates
Instrumental & Composition Applicants
|Application Materials Completed By||Available Audition Dates|
January 1, 2019 11:59 p.m.
Friday, January 25, 2019
January 15, 2019 11:59 p.m.
|Friday, February 8, 2019 – Scholarship consideration deadline|
February 1, 2019 11:59 p.m.
Friday, February 22, 2019
**Mar. 15, 2019: Music Admission & Scholarship notification date
Choice of audition dates depends on when you complete your online application and submit your required application documents. More choices of audition dates will be available to you the earlier you apply.
Applicants for the graduate division in the School of Music should have completed or be scheduled for completion of a Bachelor of Music or Bachelor of Arts degree with a music focus (or the equivalent if the institution is located outside of the United States). Applicants to the Professional Artist Certificate program should have completed or be scheduled for completion of a Master of Music or Master of Arts with a music focus (or the equivalent if the institution is located outside of the United States).
Test Scores (International Applicants)
International Applicants: TOEFL or IELTS Scores
International applicants are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores, with minimum scores of:
- TOEFL: 79 internet-based, 550 paper based, 213 computer based
- IELTS: 6.5
Completed Application, Fees & Required Documents
1. Complete the online application.
2. Pay your Application Fee: $95 for U.S. citizens and permanent residents, $130 for international applicants or non-resident aliens. Application fees are non-refundable.
- Online: Follow payment at the end of the application.
- Check or Money Order (through a U.S. bank): Make payable to "UNCSA" and include your full legal name. Mail your payment and fully legible name of the applicant to the Office of Admissions.
- International Applicants: Use Flywire to pay your application fee online through an international bank or pay by check or money order through a U.S. bank as listed above.
3. Upload all Required Application Documents by your application materials deadline above prior to your scheduled audition.
Please note: If you are applying to two different UNCSA art schools (Music, Filmmaking and Design & Production) you will need to complete a second application and pay a second application fee.