High School Music Admissions
The UNCSA School of Music High School program is for students in grades 9–12. Students can enter into the high school music program at any grade level with the exception of the Voice program, which is for grades 11 and 12 only.
Along with your online application and required application documents, you will audition with the music faculty. Admission into the UNCSA School of Music program is based on a combination of your artistic and academic merits.
Deadlines & Audition Dates
School of Music auditions will be held in-person at this time, closely following campus Community Health Standards. In order to be reviewed for admission and schedule an audition - the application, fee and all required documents must be submitted by one of the following deadlines.
November 2, 2021 (11:59 pm)
The sooner you submit your application, the sooner you can schedule an audition and potentially receive an admission decision. Most decisions will be released on the posted admission notification date.
March 25, 2022: Music Admission notification date
GPA & Academic Requirements
Completed Application, Fees & Required Documents
- Complete the online application.
- Pay your Application Fee: $95 for U.S. citizens and permanent residents, $130 for
international applicants. Application fees are non-refundable.
- Online: Follow payment instructions at the end of the application or on your Admissions Portal.
- Check or Money Order (through a U.S. bank): Make payable to "UNCSA" and include your full legal name. Mail your payment and fully legible name of the applicant to the Office of Admissions.
- International Applicants: Use Flywire to pay your application fee online through an international bank or pay by check or money order through a U.S. bank as listed above.
- Upload all Required Application Documents prior to your listed application deadline.
Please note: If you are applying to two different UNCSA art schools (Dance, Drama, Music and Visual Arts) you will need to complete a second application and pay a second application fee.