High School Music Admissions
The UNCSA School of Music High School program is for students in grades 9–12. Students can enter into the high school music program at any grade level with the exception of the Voice program, which is for grades 11 and 12 only.
Along with your online application and required application documents, you will audition with the arts faculty. Admission into the School of Music program is based on a combination of your artistic and academic merits.
Deadlines & Audition Dates
Note: The application for the 2018-19 school year is now closed. The application for the 2019-20 school year will open September 1, 2018.
Choice of audition dates depends on when you complete your online application and submit your required application documents. More choices of audition dates will be available to you the earlier you apply.
GPA & Academic Requirements
Applicants should have a minimum GPA of 2.3 (C+), no more than one failing grade in the previous year's work and no more than two failing grades in their overall coursework.
Completed Application, Fees & Required Documents
1. Complete the CFNC online application.
2. Pay your Application Fee: $95 for U.S. citizens and permanent residents, $130 for international applicants. Application fees are non-refundable.
- Online: Follow payment instructions on the CFNC online application.
- Check or Money Order (through a U.S. bank): Make payable to "UNCSA" and include your full legal name. Mail your payment and signed Application Agreement Statement—downloaded at the completion of the online application—to the Office of Admissions.
- International Applicants: Use Flywire to pay your application fee online through an international bank or pay by check or money order through a U.S. bank as listed above.
3. Upload all Required Application Documents at least two weeks prior to your scheduled audition.
Please note: If you are applying to two different UNCSA art schools (Music, Drama, Design & Production/Visual Arts and Dance) you will need to complete a second application and pay a second application fee.