Educational Policies Committee
The Educational Policies Committee (EPC) is advisory to the Chancellor, Provost, and all the Deans on various issues pertaining to UNCSA educational programs. EPC thus reviews, makes recommendations concerning, and must approve any and all changes in curricular programs (for example, course additions, deletions, re-descriptions, or changes in credit value).
EPC also reviews and makes recommendations on proposed criteria for the admission, retention, release, and readmission of students into their respective programs. In addition, EPC is responsible for reviewing and making recommendations regarding school calendars and schedules, in order to ensure that students and faculty are able to achieve the goals of their educational programs. And finally, EPC must also review the institution's Bulletin publications, to ensure the accuracy of the content pertaining to UNCSA's course offerings and credit requirements for all degree and certificate programs.
2023-24 Committee Members
- Co-Chairs: Janine Hawley, Kjersten Lester-Moratzka (ex-officio)
- High School Academic Program: Kate Douglass (year 2); Alt: Allison George
- Division of Liberal Arts: Jeff Gredlein (year 2); Alt: Janna Levin
- Filmmaking: Joe Lopina (year 1); Alt: Jeff Hammer
- Design & Production: Kjersten Lester-Moratzka (year 2); Alt: Eric Rimes
- Music: Maria Serkin (year 1); Alt: Michael Rothkopf
- Dance: Kira Blazek Ziaii (year 1); Alt: Dayna Fox
- Drama: Janine Hawley (year 1); Alt: Jason Bohon
- Library: Christia Thomason
2021 EPC Meeting Minutes
Summaries of the Educational Policies reports are in the Standing Committees Reports.