Summer employment in Residence Life
Residence Life offers employment opportunities during UNCSA's Summer Intensives program. Those interested will need to complete an employment application, submit three references and a current resume.
The Resident Counselor is a temporary part-time summer staff member of the Residence Life Programs department of UNCSA. They are responsible for the general supervision and management of a residential area housing 16-40 junior high and high school students. Resident Counselors must be responsible, respected, excellent role models and have good time management and interpersonal skills. As well as role modeling, Resident Counselors provide social programming for their community and are responsible for decorating and preparing the halls for the students’ arrivals and for designing informative and entertaining bulletin boards during the summer session.
Resident Counselors also will be responsible for completing collaborative weekday and weekend programming for all residential students. In addition, Resident Counselors work office shifts in which they are responsible for answering phones, providing excellent customer service for students, parents, and visitors, signing student’s permission forms for leaving campus and various other administrative tasks. The Resident Counselor position is a 6-week, live-in position beginning June 11, 2019 and ending on July 20, 2019.
Summer Activities Counselor
The role of the Summer Activities Counselor is to provide appropriate supervision and support for all programs, activities, events, and off-campus trips for students attending UNCSA’s Summer Session Program. The Event Staff position is a 6-week, live-on position beginning June 11, 2019 and ending on July 20, 2019.
Residence Life Summer Assistant
The Residence Life Summer Assistant (RSLA) is a temporary part-time summer staff member of the Residence Life Programs department of UNCSA. The job is extremely busy prior to the opening of summer session and fall semester. The RSLA position is a 16-week position beginning May 6, 2019 and ending on Aug. 17, 2019. Team members will be assigned specific weeks to work during peak turn over times.
- Perform preparatory work for maintenance, painting and housekeeping activities, including gathering equipment, materials and supplies, loading and unloading materials and laying out materials and equipment for projects.
- Perform a variety of routine physical labor tasks, depending upon area of assignment, including posting general notices, picking up litter and debris, painting curbs, painting walls, replacing light bulbs, emptying trash bins and performing minor custodial work.
- Perform cleanup at the end of the day or when the job is completed, including picking up tools, spills, and debris, cleaning work areas and performing touch-up work as needed.
- Clean all rooms, suites and apartments in preparation for summer camps and new students.
- Keep all storage areas clean and organized.
- Perform special duties as deemed necessary by the Associate/Assistant Directors of Housing Operations.
- May operate a vehicle for pickup and delivery duties.
For Resident Counselor and Summer Activities staff:
|Feb. 1, 2019||Applications are available|
|March 10, 2019 by 5 p.m.||Deadline to submit applications|
|April 12, 2019 by 5 p.m.||Intent forms due|
|May 3, 2019||Employment paperwork due|
For Residence Life Summer Assistants
|March 4, 2019||Applications are available|
|(Positions are open until filled)||Deadline to submit applications|
|March 18 - April 5, 2019||Interviews with candidates|
|April 8, 2019||Notification of hiring decisions|