Health and Wellness
UNCSA Student Health Services in the Wellness Center provides professional and cost-effective
medical care and services that are general and specific to the performing arts – from
coughs to physical therapy. Students are usually seen the same day and often within
a few minutes for injuries.
Use the Student Patient Portal to:
- Make medical and athletic training appointments
- Respond to messages from providers
- Enter and upload immunization records
- Upload documents and access medical educational information
- View balance
- Upload scan image of insurance card
- Download forms
Free Health Services include:
- COVID-19 testing, if the Wellness Center medical providers determine student's symptoms
warrant testing for COVID-19
- Office evaluation by physician, nurse practitioner, physician assistant, certified
medical assistant and/or athletic trainer. Psychiatry services available on referral
from our providers.
- Performing Arts Athletic trainers work with student to prevent injuries and promote
- Self-service over-the-counter medicine for upset stomach, pain, headache, condoms,
adhesive bandages, first aid ointment, and cough drops
- On-site pharmacy for certain prescription medications
- Filling and refilling prescriptions
- Arranging for transportation to off-campus medical and dental providers
- Filing of insurance for all students covered by StudentBlue, Blue Cross Blue Shield
- 24/7 nurse-on-call through HealthLink
A student’s medical condition is held in the strictest confidence. If you are over
18 years of age and in college we will not discuss your health with your parents or
with teachers or staff without your written permission. If you are under 18, we may
call your parents about illnesses but will not discuss issues of sexuality, STIs or
contraception. Medical information about high school students will be shared with
arts schools, general studies and residence life staff only on a “need to know” basis.
Call Campus Police at "55"
Call 911, if off campus
Call (336) 770-3288 to make or cancel an appointment or use the Patient Portal.
7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Note: Open 8 a.m.-7 p.m. on Wednesdays.
Closed Friday from 9:15-11 a.m. for staff meeting