High School Dance Admissions
UNCSA School of Dance offers high school programs for students with concentrations in Ballet and Contemporary Dance. The Ballet program is open to students in grades 9–12. The Contemporary Dance program is open to students in grades 10, 11 and 12. The application process includes an online application, additional documents, and an audition.
School of Dance applicants may schedule an audition after a completed application, transcript and the application fee have all been submitted. Applicants have the choice of either an On-campus Audition or a Video Audition.
If an On-campus Audition is selected:
- Do not upload a video.
- All remaining required materials must be uploaded two (2) weeks prior to a scheduled audition.
Review the audition requirements to prepare for an audition.
Admission into the School of Dance is based on a combination of artistic and academic merits.
GPA & Academic Requirements
Completed Application, Fees & Required Documents
- Complete the online application.
- Pay the Application Fee: $95 for U.S. citizens and permanent residents, $130 for international
applicants. Application fees are non-refundable.
- Online: Follow payment instructions at the end of the application or on your Admissions Portal.
- Check or Money Order (through a U.S. bank): Make payable to "UNCSA" and include your full legal name. Mail payment and fully legible name of the applicant to the Office of Admissions.
- International Applicants: Use Flywire to pay the application fee online through an international bank or pay by check or money order through a U.S. bank as listed above.
- Upload all Required Application Documents to by the deadline.
Please note: If applying to two different UNCSA art schools (Dance, Drama, Music and Visual Arts), complete a second application and pay the second application fee.