High School Dance Admissions
UNCSA offers high school programs for students in the School of Dance with concentrations in Ballet and Contemporary Dance. The Ballet program is open to students in grades 9–12 and the Contemporary Dance program is open to students in grades 11–12. The application process includes an online application, additional documents and an audition with faculty. Admission into the School of Dance is based on a combination of your artistic and academic merits.
GPA & Academic Requirements
Applicants should have a minimum GPA of 2.3 (C+), no more than one failing grade in the previous year's work and no more than two failing grades in their overall coursework.
Completed Application, Fees & Required Documents
1. Complete the online application.
2. Pay your Application Fee: $95 for U.S. citizens and permanent residents, $130 for international applicants. Application fees are non-refundable.
- Online: Follow payment instructions at the end of the application or on your application status portal.
- Check or Money Order (through a U.S. bank): Make payable to "UNCSA" and include your full legal name. Mail your payment and fully legible name of the applicant to the Office of Admissions.
- International Applicants: Use Flywire to pay your application fee online through an international bank or pay by check or money order through a U.S. bank as listed above.
Please note: If you are applying to two different UNCSA art schools (Music, Drama, Design & Production/Visual Arts and Dance) you will need to complete a second application and pay a second application fee.