Undergraduate Checklist

You have plenty to do to get ready for the time ahead. Please follow the checklist below to complete your enrollment and prepare for the school year.

Every Student Must:

Expand All

To reserve your space in the fall class, UNCSA must receive your Enrollment deposit as soon as possible. Log in to the Applicant Portal to view your status page to pay.


A refund of a deposit will be granted if the request is made in writing and received in the Office of Admissions prior to May 1. No refunds will be issued after this date. If you are admitted after May 1 your payment must be received within 10 business days of receipt of your acceptance letter.

You should have been assigned a UNCSA Artist email account with completion of your application. If you did not receive the initial setup email or need it resent, contact the Admissions Data Team or your Admissions Counselor.
If you have any issues accessing your school email account after your initial login, contact IT Technology Support at TechnologySupport@uncsa.edu or 336-770-3300
Once you have set up your account, please check it on a regular basis. You will be receiving important communication from various on-campus departments (such as Financial Aid, Residence Life, etc.) as well as faculty and staff.

The Office of Student Financial Aid administers a full range of federal, state, university, and private aid programs. Aid may be based on demonstrated need, talent, or both.

To apply for financial aid, you should complete the FAFSA each year. If you have not already completed the FAFSA, please complete and submit as soon as possible to determine eligibility for need-based financial aid, student loans and parent loans.

Financial Aid Information

Monitor your artist email account for communication and guidance from Financial Aid to view your E-Z ARTS online portal.
Note: International students are not eligible for any federal or need-based financial aid but can be considered for UNCSA merit scholarships. (Due to the limited funding, international students should consider searching and applying for scholarships and grants in your home country.)

A notice that your fall billing statement has been posted to our online billing site, TouchNet, will be emailed to your @artist.uncsa.edu email address on or before Tuesday, July 12, 2023*. Any questions regarding your statement, or future billing dates, should be directed to studentaccounts@uncsa.edu or 336-770-1416.

*Due to system issues in the billing process, bill distribution date for Fall 2023 has moved from Friday, July 8 to Tuesday, July 12.

Students who have not paid their bill or enrolled in a payment plan by the bill due date of August 4, 2023 are subject to a hold on their account, a late payment fee or other actions as outlined in UNCSA’s Student Payment Regulation 317.

Student Access to TouchNet. The easiest way for a student to access TouchNet is by logging in to E-Z Arts. Once there, click on the “Student” tab, followed by “Student Accounts” and finally “TouchNet.” Students will automatically be signed in to TouchNet via this method.

Authorized Users. Parents or other individuals will only receive billing notifications if they are set up as an Authorized User in TouchNet. Once in the system, a student may add Authorized Users by clicking the link on the right-hand side of the screen and setting their permissions as necessary. Authorized Users have a specific log-in page with direct access to the system.

Payment Plans. Payment plans are available in TouchNet and are offered on a semester-by-semester basis. The earlier you enroll, the more months you have to spread out payments. More information, including the full semester’s schedule and instructions, is available in this My SA announcement.

Bursar's Office

Photos may be uploaded July 3-23, 2023, to have your One Card waiting for you upon your arrival. If you don't upload a photo, a photo will be taken during your check-in/orientation process.

Upload One Card Photo

Arts School Classes

Online registration for your arts classes and Division of Liberal Arts classes will be announced as information is available. We are establishing necessary classroom changes that abide by physical distancing and capacity guidelines set by state and federal authorities and health officials.

The registration process varies depending on your arts school. Students will receive a letter from their arts school advising them of the registration process. If you have questions, see the Schools contact list to follow up with your arts school.

Advising for the Division of Liberal Arts sessions during orientation are for additional information, especially regarding AP and transfer credits. Familiarize what your advisor meetings will be like and what are your responsibilities as a student.

Meeting with your Advisor

If you have any questions about our registration systems, please contact the Office of the Registrar via email at registrar@uncsa.edu or by phone at 336-770-3289.

Included in the What to Pack section is art-school specific supplies and items for living in the residence halls.

What to Pack

You will receive from the Office of Residence Life Programs a link to fill out a housing application and contract via email. UNCSA requires that all full-time freshman and sophomore undergraduates live on campus and participate in the full meal plan with the following exceptions:

  • Married students
  • Students living with a dependent
  • Students living within a 25-mile radius of the campus at the time of enrollment
  • Graduate and Special (non-degree-seeking) students
  • Students who are or will turn 21 years or older at the time of enrollment

Students who meet any of the criteria listed above may apply for, but are not guaranteed, on-campus housing. In addition, students who are under the age of 18 at the time of enrollment will be contacted by Residence Life to fill out a Memorandum of Understanding prior to move-in day. Please refer to Residence Life for more information.

Apply for housing now

You must submit an official final transcript from all institutions you attended prior to enrolling. If graduating the transcript must show the date of graduation. This document should be sent to the Office of Admissions as soon as possible after you graduate or upon completion of your school year. If your transcript has not been received by August 1 you will have a hold placed on your record and you will not be able to enroll.

You may use our Final Transcript Request Form to request your end-of-year transcript from your current high school. Your school may have a different procedure for requesting transcripts, so check with your school counselor or administrator first.

Final Transcript Request Form (PDF)

Home Schooled Applicants
Home schooled applicants should provide documentation that the home school is recognized by the state of residency (if applicable) and should provide course titles and course descriptions for each year of home schooling, as well as, tests used or an assessment to show that the applicant has completed the equivalent of the UNC System minimum course requirements. If the applicant has attended a traditional high school, an official transcript from that school should be submitted.

The Division of Liberal Arts will accept Advanced Placement and/or International Baccalaureate tests for college credit when the subjects meet undergraduate academic requirements in your particular arts program. Request that an official score report of all AP and IB tests be sent to the Division of Liberal Arts (CEEB #5512) at UNCSA.

You should submit an official transcript to the Office of Admissions if you have attended a college or community college, including if you were a dual enrolled student. Academic courses in which you have earned at least a “C” and which are equivalent to specific UNCSA undergraduate academic requirements for your arts program will be officially transferred to your UNCSA academic record when you have achieved a 2.0 grade point average in undergraduate academic courses at UNCSA. You can check on course transfer status using  Degree Works, accessible via E-Z Arts, after August 1. Review your course status before registering for liberal arts courses.

Log in to E-Z Arts

You are required to submit all Health Services documents, using the Student Health Portal by June 1, 2023.

Student Health Portal

Health insurance is required for all students. The University offers Student Blue from Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina or you can keep your current health insurance if you are covered by an individual plan or through a parent's plan. 

You must enroll into Student Blue or waive out of the insurance at studentbluenc.com. Student Blue waiver and enrollment requests deadline is Sept. 11, 2023.

Enroll or Waive Student Blue Cross

Before coming on campus, you are required to complete the online courses below.  Please complete these courses by Friday, July 21, through the link below:

  • Alcohol Awareness for Students
  • Drug Awareness and Abuse
  • Sexual Violence Awareness
  • Intimate Partner Violence
  • Health and Safety Awareness on Campus
  • Communication Styles and Skills


Please email orientation@uncsa.edu with any questions.

Read the College Student Handbook to learn more about campus safety, student conduct violations, student rights, outcomes, and alcohol and other drug policy.

College Student Handbook



If you need or choose to:

Expand All

You can check for holds on your account by logging in to E-Z Arts.

Log in to E-Z Arts

After logging in, click on “Student” then “Student Records” and then “View Holds” to see which departments have placed holds on your account. 

Remember that when a department or office has placed a hold on your account, you will need to take action with that particular office right away. Only the department that places a hold can remove it

Among other restrictions, holds will prevent you from registering or changing your class schedule. Students who are indebted to UNCSA are not permitted to attend classes until the debt is settled.

It is recommended that you check for holds in your E-Z Arts account up through the first day of Orientation.

Information and links to student application for in-state residency, appeal procedure and residency application

RESIDENCY Status Guidelines

An orientation schedule will be posted online to the Incoming Students Web page as information is available.

Orientation Schedule

Students with a valid driver's license wanting to park a vehicle on campus must complete a vehicle registration form each year and pay the required annual fee for a parking decal. All drivers need to review the parking regulations and parking map for updated parking zone information. Parking is enforced with tickets, boots, and vehicle tows. Failure to comply with parking regulations may also result in registration and graduation holds.

Parking Portal

UNCSA students who are seeking accommodations in either the academic or living environment on campus need to submit disability-related documentation which meets the university guidelines to the following address:

Learning Resources
University of North Carolina School of the Arts
1533 S. Main St.
Winston-Salem, NC 27127

Email: learningresources@uncsa.edu

Fax: 336-726-6964

For information on the process for disclosing, requesting and receiving accommodations, along with the university’s documentation guidelines refer to Steps for Accommodations and/or additional information about services for students with disabilities. If you have questions or concerns, contact the Learning Resources Coordinator by email  learningresources@uncsa.edu.

Register to receive UNCSA Alert when logging into their E-Z Arts account. You will be redirected to update your personal contact information or opt out every semester in January and in July.


For more information and step-by-step instructions to register for UNCSA ALERT for students, parents or guardians visit the UNCSA Police website.

Your one stop shop to find out what’s the dill at UNCSA.  This account posts activities during orientation and throughout the year! UNCSA Happenings