Undergraduate Checklist

You have plenty to do to get ready for the time ahead. Please follow the checklist below to complete your enrollment and prepare for the school year.

Pay Your Advance Tuition and Housing Deposit

To hold your space in the fall class, we must receive the Advance Tuition and Housing Payment form as soon as possible. New students accepted for admission to UNCSA are required to submit an advance tuition and housing deposit, which is applied as a partial payment of the student’s tuition and fees for the academic semester for which the student is accepted.

The advance tuition and housing deposit deadline was May 1. If the advance tuition and housing deposit is not paid within this period, UNCSA reserves the right to withdraw the offer of admission and offer the space to another qualified applicant. In addition, any scholarship or financial aid may be forfeited if the advance tuition and housing deposit is not paid within the specified period of time.

If an applicant for the fall semester pays the required Advance Tuition and Housing Deposit and then decides not to enroll, the applicant shall be afforded a full refund, providing the applicant notifies the Office of Admissions before May 1. No refunds will be issued after April 30.

Students accepted after May 1 must pay their tuition and housing deposit within 10 business days of receipt of the letter of acceptance. No refunds are offered after April 30. 

Pay Deposit

Set Up Your UNCSA Email 

When your Placement Deposit is received you will be assigned a UNCSA Artist email account. You will receive an email with set-up instructions.

If you have any issues accessing your school email account, contact the UNCSA Help Desk support center at helpdesk@uncsa.edu or 336-770-3300.

Once you have set up your account, please check it on a regular basis. You will be receiving important communication from various on-campus departments (such as Financial Aid, Registrar, etc.) as well as faculty and staff.  

Apply For Financial Aid

The Student Financial Aid office administers a full range of federal, state, university and private aid programs. Awards may be based on demonstrated need, talent or both. 

If you are applying for financial aid, you must have completed the FAFSA. The North Carolina priority filing date for financial aid for new students is March 1. You can still submit an application after the March 1 date but there will be fewer funds to distribute. In addition, be sure you are monitoring your E-Z Arts account. Financial Aid will be communicating with you through your E-Z Arts account.

Financial Aid Information

Pay Tuition and Fees

A link to your tuition statements will be emailed to your @artist.uncsa.edu email address in July. Any questions regarding your statement should be directed to the Student Accounts office at 336-770-1416. Please note that tuition and fees are subject to change and may increase each year.

You can review your tuition and fees through the office of Student Accounts.

Class Registration

Art School Classes
The registration process varies depending on your art school. The School of Dance & The School of Drama pre-register undergraduate students for their Art School classes. 

Students will receive a letter from their art school no later than the first week of June, advising them of the registration process. Registration for classes taken through the art schools will be online, June 2018. If you haven't received information, see the contact list to follow up with your art school.

Liberal Arts Classes
Division of Liberal Arts to post letters advising new students of the registration process.

The online registration window for Fall 2018 Liberal Arts classes will be in August 2018. Advising sessions during orientation are for additional information, especially regarding AP and transfer credits. Familiarize what your advisor meetings will be like and what are your responsibilities as a student.

Meeting with your Advisor

If you have any questions about our registration systems, please contact the Office of the Registrar via email at registrar@uncsa.edu or by phone at 336-770-3289.

Purchase Art School Materials

Included in the What to Pack section is art-school specific supplies and items for living in the residence halls.

What to Pack

Residence Life 

You will receive from the Office of Residence Life Programs a link to fill out a housing application and contract via email. UNCSA requires that all full-time freshman and sophomore undergraduates live on campus and participate in the full meal plan with the following exceptions:

  • Married students
  • Students living with a dependent
  • Students living within a 25-mile radius of the campus at the time of enrollment
  • Graduate and Special (non-degree-seeking) students
  • Students who are or will turn 21 years or older at the time of enrollment

Students who meet any of the criteria listed above may apply for, but are not guaranteed, on-campus housing. In addition, students who are under the age of 18 at the time of enrollment will be contacted by Residence Life to fill out a Memorandum of Understanding prior to move-in day. Please refer to Residence Life for more information.

Apply for housing now

Parking Decal

Students wanting to park a vehicle on campus must complete a vehicle registration form and pay $65 for a parking decal. Any additional decals are $5. Only one car on campus at a time. If you are under 18-years-old, a parent must sign the form. No decal will be issued without a signature.

The 2018-2019 Student Parking Decal will be available in July 2018.

Submit Final Transcripts and Test Scores

You must submit an official final transcript from all institutions you attended prior to enrolling. If graduating the transcript must show the date of graduation. This document should be sent to the Office of Admissions as soon as possible after you graduate or upon completion of your school year. If your transcript has not been received by August 1 you will have a hold placed on your record and you will not be able to enroll.

Submit AP or International Baccalaureate Scores

The Division of Liberal Arts will accept Advanced Placement and/or International Baccalaureate tests for college credit when the subjects meet undergraduate academic requirements in your particular arts program. Request that an official score report of all AP and IB tests be sent to the Division of Liberal Arts (CEEB #5512) at UNCSA.

Submit College Transcript for College Credit (if applicable)

You should submit an official transcript to the Office of Admissions if you have attended a college or community college. Academic courses in which you have earned at least a “C” and which are equivalent to specific UNCSA undergraduate academic requirements for your arts program will be officially transferred to your UNCSA academic record when you have achieved a 2.0 grade point average in undergraduate academic courses at UNCSA. You will be informed of your previous college courses that are acceptable for transfer credit during orientation for new students in the fall.

Submit required Health Services Documents

You are required to submit all Health Services documents by June 1, 2018 using the Student Health Portal. 

Student Health Portal

Enroll or Waive Student Blue Health Insurance

Health insurance is required for all students. The University offers Student Blue from Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina or you can keep your current health insurance if you are covered by an individual plan or through a parent's plan. If you keep your current plan, you must still complete the waiver to avoid a charge on your tuition bill.

The decision deadline for Fall 2018 is early September 2018. Student Blue waiver and enrollment requests for Fall 2018 cannot be submitted after the decision deadline.

Enroll or Waive Student Blue Cross

Students with Disabilities

UNCSA students with disabilities who are requesting accommodations in either the academic or living environment on campus need to submit documentation which meets the university guidelines to the following address.

Disability Resources
University of North Carolina School of the Arts
1533 S. Main St.
Winston-Salem, NC 27127

For information on the process for disclosing, requesting and receiving accommodations, along with the university’s documentation guidelines see Steps for Accommodations or see Additional information about services for students with disabilities. If you have questions or concerns, contact the Disability Resources Coordinator.

Check for Holds in E-Z Arts

You can check for holds on your account by logging in to E-Z Arts.

Log in to E-Z Arts

After logging in, click on “Student” then “Student Records” and then “View Holds” to see which departments have placed holds on your account. 

Remember that when a department or office has placed a hold on your account, you will need to take action with that particular office right away. Only the department that places a hold can remove it

Among other restrictions, holds will prevent you from registering or changing your class schedule. Students who are indebted to UNCSA are not permitted to attend classes until the debt is settled.

It is recommended that you check for holds in your E-Z Arts account up through the first day of Orientation.

Check Schedule for Orientation

By June 15, an orientation schedule will be posted online to the Incoming Students Web page. An updated schedule will be provided to you the first day of orientation.

Orientation Schedule

Upload a One Card Photo

Photos may be uploaded in July so you can have your One Card waiting for you upon your arrival. If you don't upload a photo, One Card will take your photo the day of orientation.

Understand Student Conduct Policy and Your Rights

Read the College Student Handbook to learn more about campus safety, student conduct violations, student rights, outcomes, and alcohol and other drug policy.

College Student Handbook

Contact: Andrea Sell, Associate Director of Student Conduct

Think about it: Alcohol, Drugs, Relationships, and Campus Culture

Before coming on campus, you are required to complete the online course, "Alcohol, Other Drugs, Relationships, and Consent Online Educational Program."

To complete this required course, you will receive an email with a link from Natascha Romeo (romeon@uncsa.edu) with the subject line "Required - Online Alcohol Course." If you do not see the email, be sure to search any spam or junk folders.

All incoming students must complete these online courses before August 14, 2018.

Connect With Other Fighting Pickles

Connect with current and incoming students in your graduating class through Facebook groups:

Find Your Class