The University Budget Office, a division of Business Affairs, supports the university's mission by providing budgetary support to the entire university community in terms of maintaining and monitoring their budgets so that the continuing development of students, faculty, and staff is ensured with funds from both public and private sources. The primary responsibility of the Office is to allocate and monitor all budgeted funds appropriated by the State of North Carolina General Assembly as further allocated and directed by the Board of Governors of the University of North Carolina System.
Compliance with mandates, directives, procedures and policies for allocation and administration of these state appropriations as established by the North Carolina Office of State Budget and Management (OSBM), the North Carolina State Controller's Office, the General Administration of the University of North Carolina System and the North Carolina General Assembly drive the UNCSA policies and procedures for budget administration and planning.
The University Budget Office is responsible for maintaining, balancing and reconciling all salary funds and FTE. This includes budgeted salaries for all SHRA, EHRA, student and temporary positions.
The Budget Office coordinates the preparation of the biennial budget request and administers those budgets when approved. The Budget Office serves as a liaison between campus and the North Carolina Office of State budget and Management to manage the overall University state funds budget.
Budget Policy & Guidelines
- Budget Office Lapsed Salary Policy
- Budget Office Salary Reserve Policy
- Budget Request Form Guidelines
- Budget Transfer Form Guidelines
- Dual Employment Policy and Procedures
- Institutional Trust Fund Balance Policy
- Dual Employment Form (CP-30)
- UNCSA Budget Request Form
- UNCSA Budget Transfer Form
- Program Request Template
- Salary Reserve Request Form (xls)
- Budget Office Frequently Asked Questions
- Budget Terminology
- Budget Office Updates from the EFE
- Office of State Budget and Management (OSBM)
1533 South Main Street
Administration Building - 1st Floor
Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., excluding University holidays.