The Payroll Office is a unit within the Controller’s Office. This office provides timely and accurate compensation payments to University employees. It keeps and submits necessary data, records and reports. The office complies with acceptable business and regulatory standards and by University policies.
Forms and Documents
Tax Forms Information
- Federal W-4 (PDF) on IRS website
Note: For nonresident aliens, see Notice 1392 on the IRS website for further instructions.
- State NC-4EZ (PDF) on NC Department of Revenue website
- State NC-4 (PDF) on NC Department of Revenue website
If you need any assistance with filling out the W-4 online, contact Jessica Rogers at email@example.com or Jarrett Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org. For advice on filing status and number of exemptions to claim, contact an individual income tax professional or the IRS offers an online withholding calculator. Payroll also offered a class in Understanding Your Pay Stub (PowerPoint).
Direct Deposit forms will only be accepted in-person or by mail. No electronic or faxed forms will be accepted.
Submitting your biweekly payroll
(Hourly non-student, student and federal work-study student employees)
- Late submission of biweekly time sheet (Link to submission form included.)
- Submitting biweekly time sheet (for students and hourly non-students)
- Submitting federal work study time sheet
- Instructions for supervisors or those who approve of time sheets
Submitting your monthly payroll
2020 Payroll Dates for Monthly Payroll
Detail deadlines schedule (PDF) included due dates regarding Human Resources and Payroll deadlines.
|Beginning Date||End Date||Pay Date|
Payroll Office Staff
Payroll Fax: 336-734-2920