Classification and Compensation
Classification and compensation offers consultation services for planning, establishing, monitoring a strategic workforce plan in accordance to the North Carolina Office of Human Resources compensation plan for University staff employees either Subject to the Personnel Act (SHRA) or Exempt to the Personnel Act (EHRA) of North Carolina.
The Classification and Compensation Analyst facilitates effective organizational management and equitable classification and salary decisions for the University's workforce by providing:
- Consultation for organizational and position design
- Position classification
- Compensation analysis and administration
- Job analysis and evaluation
Career Banding is used to identify various levels of competencies – which pertains to one’s knowledge, skills, and abilities – needed by an organization and as demonstrated by employees to accomplish their goals and objectives to promote the growth of their development. As defined, the banding system consists of various levels of position competencies, which encourages employees to develop and advance their skills and knowledge in order to seek growth within their current position or to pursue progression in other positions. Overall, career-banding is a program designed to support salary competitiveness recruitment when necessary and to retain and develop a competent and diverse workforce based on the labor market.
- Classification Job Descriptions
- SHRA Career Banded Salary Ranges
- Career Banding Pay Plan
- Position Description Form
- Initial Functional Competency Assessment
- Sample Initial Functional Competency Assessment
- Dictionary of Functional Competencies for Career-Banding
Supplemental salary is extra compensation from an affiliated source within the University paid to a state employee for services that are part of the employee’s regular job and is in addition to the employee’s base salary paid by the department and authorized by Human Resources.
- EHRA-NT Form 106
- Faculty Supplemental Pay Form 107
- SHRA Occasional & Sporadic Employment Form 204
- SHRA Additional Employment Form 205