Welcome to the Office of Human Resources at the University of North Carolina School of the Arts. We are dedicated to providing programs and professional services in the following areas of human resources administration: benefits administration, employee recognition, employee relations, employee training and management development, equal employment, position classification and compensation, recruitment and selection, safety, unemployment insurance and workers' compensation claims processing.
It is the policy of the University of North Carolina School of the Arts to comply with all applicable policies, procedures and regulations promulgated by the UNC System Office of the President and the North Carolina Office of State Personnel. Employees who do not make a good faith effort to comply with these policies, procedures and regulations, as well as those specifically developed by UNCSA, may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Human Resources Confidentiality Statement
The University of North Carolina School of the Arts is committed to promoting an environment that retains the full trust and confidence of the faculty, staff, students and University community. HR staff pledge to promote a respectful workplace and honor the rights of faculty and staff of the University.
In our daily work we are in the unique and responsible position of having access to and being aware of an array of highly sensitive personal, medical and workplace information. This information comes to us directly from individuals or third parties associated with them and their work. Information we have received of a personal nature will be disclosed to other parties or colleagues only when it is legally required or essential to the operation of the University, and then on a strict need-to-know basis.
HR endorses the following statements and principles of confidentiality:
- Conduct of HR staff shall be guided by integrity, discretion and dignity, and they shall expect and encourage such conduct by others.
- Personal information or information which an individual requests be kept confidential and private will not be released unless there is compelling legal or operational reasons for its release.
- When individuals ask for assistance with given matters, we will first inform them before sharing their name or information about them with others.
- Personal information about staff, faculty or any member of the University community including information in databases and hard copy files shall be kept secured and shall not be readily accessible to others.
- Discussion of a faculty or staff member's personal information will be conducted only when necessary and appropriate with other staff, and only on a strict need-to-know basis, and in utmost privacy.
The Human Resources Office of the University of North Carolina School of the Arts will
publish this policy so that all faculty, staff and members of the University community
are aware of our commitment to the principles of confidentiality. Employees of HR
are required to agree to and abide by these guidelines as a condition of employment.
All University of North Carolina School of the Arts electronic records are subject to the
for your protection and privacy.
For information on the school’s HR policies, please refer to the personnel section of the UNCSA Policy Manual.