Pipe Organ Encounter (sponsored by the American Guild or Organists)
|Pipe Organ Encounter||July 17 - 23, 2022|
A Pipe Organ Encounter (POE) is a 4-5 day event that introduces participants to the world of the pipe organ.
- Participants are admitted to POEs on a first-come, first-served basis, regardless of attendance at prior POEs, and regardless of state or country of residence, as long as they meet the following eligibility guidelines:
- Participants should be aged 13-18
- Should be interested in the pipe organ
- Should have piano or organ proficiency ranging from intermediate to advanced
Pipe Organ Encounter provides
- an opportunity for participants to have individual and group instruction in the basic rudiments of pipe organ technique and service playing
- a general overview of organ literature, history, pipe organ construction and design, improvisation and other related topics.
- an opportunity for participation in ecumenical worship, so as to experience the role of the sacred musician.
- most of all, a unique opportunity for participants to meet and interact with peers who have similar interests.
Registration will be via the AGO website beginning in December 2021. A link will be posted here when it comes available.
Contact POE Director, Timothy Olsen, with questions.