The University of North Carolina School of the Arts Department of Police and Public Safety (UNCSADPPS) is responsible for enforcing all parking and traffic laws in accordance with the authority vested in it by the Board of Trustees under North Carolina General Statutes 116.44.4. Our jurisdiction covers all University owned and leased property including: buildings, parking lots, streets immediately adjoining public streets, and satellite locations. All drivers are expected to drive with extreme caution while on UNCSA owned or controlled property. UNCSA police officers do enforce traffic regulations. Please abide by the posted speed limits, honor all pedestrian crosswalks, and come to a full stop at all STOP signs. At all times obey police officer verbal commands and traffic direction.
- All students, faculty, and staff who park on UNC School of the Arts property must display a valid parking decal or temporary permit, appropriately placed, on the vehicle being parked. This includes Center Stage.
- Decals shall be clearly visible and affixed to the exterior of the rear windshield on the passenger side of the vehicle. Motorcycles shall place the decal on the rear fender.
- Any decal holders who are temporarily driving a different vehicle are required to get a temporary parking permit (at no cost) from the UNCSA Department of Police and Public Safety.
Initial decals, replacement decals, and temporary permits are all issued by the UNCSA Department of Police and Public Safety which is located in the Police Department across the street from the Drama Gym. All vehicles are required to have the legal minimum NC liability insurance coverage, even if the vehicle is registered in another state. You will need to complete a vehicle registration form and take it to the cashier’s office in the Welcome Center to pay for the decal. After paying for the decal you will need to bring the receipt and the vehicle registration form to the Department of Police and Public Safety on the south end of Kenan Drive (directly across from the Drama Gym) to get your decal.
Parking Decal Fees
Full academic year: August 1 – July 31
Extra Decals/Replacements: $5
Full-time, Part-Time & Temporary Faculty/Staff
Non-reserved: $7 month/$84 year
Reserved: $12 month/$144 year
Extra Decals/Replacements: $10 each
Summer School only
Summer students: $25
Summer Faculty/Staff: $25
Parking & Traffic Announcements
- The speed limit on campus - 10 MPH
- There is NO PARKING on Chapel St.
- There is no drop-off directly in front of Workplace. Drop-off must be at the sidewalk behind DeMille. This sidewalk leads to Workplace and will be maintained for pedestrians.
UNCSA Police will enforce parking rules through citing violations, wheel locking vehicles (cost is $65.00 plus citation) and towing. UNCSA towing cost is $100 plus citation fine. Also, fees and other costs are charged by and paid directly to the towing company. If you are wheel locked for having no decal, you will also need to pay the full cost for a parking decal in order to park anywhere on campus or be subject to future citations, wheel locks, and possibly towing.
UNCSA Police make every effort to assist guests with special needs. This includes needed parking accommodations, vehicular escorts, or other special requests to assist in a unique circumstance. Please call 336-770-3321 with any requests.
- Interactive Parking Lot Map, Student Parking Map (Printable)
- Handicapped Parking
Note: Police will direct those with Special Needs during events to additional parking.
- Visitor Parking